- Do I need to leave a deposit to rent a bike?
- No, however you are required to leave your governmental issued official ID or copy of Passport in order to rent bikes. When you return bikes, any ID is returned and any copies of passport will be destroyed in your presence. If you do not have any valid ID or Passport, you will be required to leave a $200 cash or credit card security deposit per bike.
- Do I need to make a reservation to rent bikes?
- No. All bikes are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. We have +1000 Giant hybrid comfort bikes at our locations in New York City. If you have special requests or questions about specific bikes or accessories (road bikes, tandems, child seat’s, etc.) you may call the shop directly during business hours.
- Do you offer guided bike tours?
- Central Park Wheels offers guided bike tours which lasts approximately 2-hours in Central Park. The Central Park Bike Tour is available to the public and runs 2x daily starting June 15th, at 9-11am and 3-6pm. The Central Park Bike Tour starts and ends at 1409 6th Avenue, New York, NY, 10019.
- Do you provide locks?
- Yes, we do provide bicycle locks with bike rental, free of charge. Locks are provided on request and on availability basis.
- Where do I pick-up and return bicycles?
- You can pick-up and return bicycles at 1409 6th Avenue, New York , NY, 10019.
- What is your refund policy?
- All rentals and tours are final and there are no refunds. We offer store credits for the period of 1 year from the original purchase date.
- Do you provide helmets or baskets?
- We offer helmets for kids under 18 years old which is required by New York City Laws and Regulations. We may also provide helmets for people over 18, upon request. All helmets and baskets are free of charge.
- Do you sell bike insurance?
- We sell bike insurance, covering 100% of damages, and 50% of loss in case of theft. Bike insurance costs 3$ per bike, per rental period.
- Are there any late fees in bike rental?
- Yes, we charge $10 per hour, per bike rental. We provide up to 20 minutes of grace period.
- Can I drop off the bike(s) in other location?
- No, bikes have to be returned at the same place.